Do you love foaming hand soap? I know that I do! I used to get every scent under the sun at Bath and Body Works before I realized all the chemicals that were contained in the fragrance of the soap. No more! But i still use the cute foam soap pumps I got…like this pumpkin one!
DIY Foaming Hand Soap with Essential Oils
Ingredients for one bottle of soap:
It’s as easy as mixing all the ingredients in the foaming hand soap bottle and shaking it up. You may be wondering why I like to use Thieves oil. If you check the Essential Oil Starter Guide you can learn more about Thieves and the fact that it has anti-bacterial properties that make it great for soap. That’s all you need to make your very own hand soap, for just pennies!
What are your favorite oils to use in your DIY foaming hand soap?
I don’t know about you, but I LOVE a good homemade sugar scrub. In the past I have spent big bucks on buying this exfoliating product that leaves your skin feeling oh so soft. Typically the brands I used to buy were $30-40 a jar! What if I told you, you could make the same thing for just a few bucks, in BULK!? These are perfect for gifts and you can make them with your favorite essential oils. Are you interested in learning more about essential oils? Check out this page for more info! You can use any essential oil…I’ve tried Peace & Calming, Lavender and Orange – all are awesome!
You may be wondering…can you use salt for the scrub too? You certainly can, but sugar is less abrasive on the skin, so I would recommend the sugar scrub, rather than the salt scrub
Homemade Sugar Scrub Recipe
What you will need:
- 2.5 cups of sugar
- 8 oz of grapeseed oil (or almond oil)
- 30 drops of your favorite essential oil – lavender is my favorite!
- 4 half pint mason jars
- Wooden Scoops – perfect for scooping out your salts when you want to use them!
- A cute label for the jar 🙂 – always a cute touch if you are giving them as gifts!
1. Mix all the ingredients in a big glass bowl.
2. Adjust the ratio as needed. If you would like your scrub more “liquid like” add more of you carrier oil. If it seems too “liquid like,” add more sugar to thicken the mixture.
3. Give as gifts or pamper yourself! This homemade sugar scrub is a great exfoliator that is just like what you are used to buying in the stores for a fraction of the cost!
What essential oils do you like to use in your sugar scrubs? Comment below, I would love to hear from you! 🙂
I am not sure about your backyard, but ours is FULL of mosquitoes as soon as the sun goes down. It’s downright uncomfortable to be outside. I’ve always used citronella candles, but I have never made them. While these DIY citronella candles might not completely get rid of all of those pesky mosquitoes, they are a huge help! You can use this same recipe to make other candles with any essential oil you have, it doesn’t need to be citronella! I think lavender or orange might be the next DIY candles I make…
I just got this Citronella oil last week…it has been out of stock for months!! As soon as I got it, my wheels were turning on how I could use it, and this was the perfect way to try out Citronella with an EASY project!
- Mason Jars – I like the fun colored ones from Joann’s
- Floating wicks (I got mine on Amazon – see link. I looked at Joann’s and Michael’s and was not able to find them there.)
- Vegetable Oil or Olive Oil
- Citronella Oil – Or any essential oil of your choice (learn more about the oils I use here)
Steps to make Easy DIY Citronella Candles
These candles are so easy, they literally take 5 minutes to make.
1. Pour in water, but leave about 1.5 inches from the top of the jar
2. Pour about 1/2 cup of oil in a separate container with 10 drops of Citronella Oil, stir it up good.
3. Pour the oil on top of the water. Don’t worry about it mixing with the water, it will naturally float to the top of the water in the jar.
4. Put your floating wick on the top of the oil layer.
5. Light your candle, and keep the bugs away! 🙂
Have you tried any other essential oils in candles? I’d love to hear how you’ve used them with candles in the comments!
I absolutely love spending time outdoors in the summer. There is nothing better than a summer evening sitting by a campfire with family and friends. Except for the pesky bugs that tend to interrupt an otherwise peaceful night outside. I can’t stand using those other sprays with DEET and other harmful chemicals. Not only do they not smell good at all, they are just not good for you! I never thought that it was possible to have an outdoor spray that actually smelled good! Lately, I’ve been asked what is that smell?? Everyone (including me) is very surprised at how good an outdoor spray can smell and actually work to keep the bugs away!
I highly recommend you try this out for your next outdoor adventure. It will keep the pesky bugs away, and won’t break the bank. I love finding new ways to use essential oils, and I can’t wait to share this recipe with you. The best part is…all three oils come in the Premium Starter Kit! If you haven’t started your oily journey yet and would like some more information on essential oils, check out how you can start on my team and get the Premium Starter Kit thru Young Living here!
Ingredients Needed to make DIY Camping Spray with Essential Oils:
Mix together all the ingredients above and pour them into the glass bottles using a funnel. That’s it! You’re ready to enjoy the outdoors without being bothered by those pesky bugs! 🙂