I don’t know about you, but I LOVE a good homemade sugar scrub. In the past I have spent big bucks on buying this exfoliating product that leaves your skin feeling oh so soft. Typically the brands I used to buy were $30-40 a jar! What if I told you, you could make the same thing for just a few bucks, in BULK!? These are perfect for gifts and you can make them with your favorite essential oils. Are you interested in learning more about essential oils? Check out this page for more info! You can use any essential oil…I’ve tried Peace & Calming, Lavender and Orange – all are awesome!
You may be wondering…can you use salt for the scrub too? You certainly can, but sugar is less abrasive on the skin, so I would recommend the sugar scrub, rather than the salt scrub
Homemade Sugar Scrub Recipe
What you will need:
- 2.5 cups of sugar
- 8 oz of grapeseed oil (or almond oil)
- 30 drops of your favorite essential oil – lavender is my favorite!
- 4 half pint mason jars
- Wooden Scoops – perfect for scooping out your salts when you want to use them!
- A cute label for the jar 🙂 – always a cute touch if you are giving them as gifts!
1. Mix all the ingredients in a big glass bowl.
2. Adjust the ratio as needed. If you would like your scrub more “liquid like” add more of you carrier oil. If it seems too “liquid like,” add more sugar to thicken the mixture.
3. Give as gifts or pamper yourself! This homemade sugar scrub is a great exfoliator that is just like what you are used to buying in the stores for a fraction of the cost!
What essential oils do you like to use in your sugar scrubs? Comment below, I would love to hear from you! 🙂